Without our generous supporters, Chance for Childhood’s life-changing work would simply not be possible. So you have the right to know you can trust us to be fair, honest and treat you with respect. When you give to Chance for Childhood, we give you our word that your money will help ensure that the most vulnerable children in Africa get the support they deserve.
Our Fundraising team is dedicated to providing the highest standard of care to our supporters. Therefore, when you choose to support Chance for Childhood, we promise to:
- Use your donation wisely and responsibly. Respect your wishes regarding how your donation is spent.
- Let you know about the difference you’re making, with a big THANK YOU from us.
- Not sell or rent your personal details to other third party organisations.
- Deal with your personal information in confidence, safely and securely.
- Support your fundraising efforts every step of the way.
- Never subject you to undue pressure to give more or more frequently than you want.
- Endeavour to always abide by your preferences on how and how often we communicate with you.
- Be transparent in our communications with you.
- Keep administration costs to a minimum.
- Adhere to the highest child safeguarding standards to protect our vulnerable beneficiaries.
- Make our annual report and accounts easy to understand.
- Be available if you have any enquiries and respond honestly and as promptly as possible.
Chance for Childhood has made a public promise to adhere to best practice, honesty, transparency, clarity and accountability in all fundraising activities, enabling you to give with confidence.
We hope that our Donor Promise will build trust and confidence in charitable giving and, ultimately, encourage more people to provide vital support to marginalised children and young people in Africa.
Chance for Childhood is registered with the Fundraising Regulator, which sets and maintains the standards for charitable fundraising, aiming to ensure that fundraising is respectful, open, honest and accountable to the public. We are committed to complying with its Fundraising Promise and the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Should you have any concerns about the way that we fundraise, we have a robust complaints process. We encourage you to get in touch with your feedback. And, if you are unsatisfied with the way we handle your concerns, you can also contact the Fundraising Regulator.
For more information on how to make a complaint, please read our Fundraising complaints policy.