There are so many different ways in which your company can support us, from volunteering your time and sharing invaluable skills and knowledge through to fundraising and payroll giving.
Choose us as Charity of the Year
If you have a Charity of the Year programme please consider nominating Chance for Childhood or let us know when an application process opens, so we can apply. Our team will work closely with you to plan an inclusive calendar of fundraising, events and communications to bring our partnership to life. We will also be on hand to support all your activities and give inspirational ideas to help you reach your fundraising targets and CSR objectives. Meet our current partners.
Fundraise at work
From sporting events and challenges, to bake sales and quizzes, there are lots of different ways that your company can get involved to help us to reach more marginalised children in Africa.
Here are just a few ways you and your colleagues can get involved:
- The fail-safe office bake sale! Inspired by The Great British Bake Off? Channel your inner Mary Berry and cook up a storm for your colleagues! This is a great, easy way to fundraise at work, and one that everyone can enjoy!
- Hold a sport tournament: Why not get competitive across departments and teams and host a sports tournament at your local sports hall or local park? Dodgeball, netball, football – choose one to suit all abilities. Get each player to make a donation as an entry fee. This is a brilliant way to encourage some healthy competition – the winning team’s photo can take pride of place in the office!
- Host a quiz night: Get competitive across departments by testing your general knowledge by hosting a charity quiz night! You could theme your evening and host a raffle too. A fun night out and an easy way to raise money!
- Dress up or dress down: All your colleagues can get involved, have fun and raise money! Be creative with your themes, maybe go with a ‘When I grow up’ theme and hold a competition with a prize for the most hilarious costume.
Whether your company is big or small, has supported a charity before or not, we are here to help you kick-start your fundraising! We can provide everything you need to make your fundraising a success, from balloons and stickers, to advice on getting your event in the local press and tips on how to smash your target!
Volunteer your time and talent
Would you and your colleagues like to offer your time instead of, or as well as, fundraising for us?
We welcome pro-bono training and skill-sharing through learning lunches and training programmes, to support our learning organisational culture. Your staff will have the opportunity to share their valuable skills with us to help us reach our goals.
We are also actively seeking pro-bono support from solicitors, HR experts, digital marketing experts and designers. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss this further.
Cause-related marketing is an excellent way for your business to work with Chance for Childhood to promote a product or service for mutual benefit. It’s simple – link a product to Chance for Childhood to help increase sales with a percentage of the profits being given to us. Proven to build brand awareness, maintain customer loyalty and gain new consumer interest, cause-related marketing is a fantastic way to promote your product or brand and raise money for a good cause.
Whether you are an employee or an employer, taking part in a Payroll Giving scheme is a great way to make your money go further while helping vulnerable children in Africa.
And a regular donation in your pay to Chance for Childhood costs less than you think!
Donations are taken from your pay before tax. If you pledge to give £10 a month, it will only cost you £8 if you are a standard rate tax payer. Just £8 could give a family the materials they need to make a toy or a game for their disabled child – this will not only bring joy into the life of a child with disabilities, it will also help their development!
Regular donations give Chance for Childhood a reliable source of income. This allows us to respond quickly to the needs of the most vulnerable children in Africa.
How to donate in your pay
- If you earn a salary or pension and your employer deducts Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax, you can donate in your pay.
- If your employer already supports payroll giving, speak to them about setting up your monthly gift.
- If your employer doesn’t support payroll giving, they can easily set up the scheme by contacting the Charities Aid Foundation. Or they can select from any of the HMRC-approved Payroll Giving Agencies.
- To stop donating or change the amount you give, contact your payroll department.
- Changing job and want to continue donating in your pay? You’ll need to set up a new gift by following the same process with your new employer.