Become a major donor and be there for more children.
Making a donation as a philanthropist, whether as an individual, a family trust or a corporate foundation can make a huge difference to the most vulnerable children in Africa. Our work relies upon the generous support of the public.
We appreciate every donation, big or small, but by making a major gift you can make an enormous impact on the lives of marginalised children and families in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. These gifts not only allow us to fund projects now, but also to plan ahead, so no matter what challenges the future holds, we can be there and ensure that no child is forgotten.
What makes us special
We work with and strengthen the capacity of African visionary community leaders to implement effective, locally-relevant projects. This enables us to focus on ‘hard to reach’ children, both in terms of their complex needs (e.g. street children with learning difficulties) and location (e.g. urban violent slums or remote rural areas). Together we make ideas and impact both sustainable and scalable to protect, educate and empower even more of the world’s most disadvantaged children.
As a partner of Chance of Childhood, we will work with you to create a tailored programme of project involvement and feedback, which could include personalised updates and reports, chances to visit projects and exclusive events.
Give to something important
Whatever the size of your donation, your generosity will help us to make a real difference to the lives of hundreds of the most vulnerable children in Africa.
- £50,000 could have a transformational impact on the lives of 250 street children with special educational needs in Kisumu, Kenya.
- £37,085 could enable 300 vulnerable and marginalised young people in Uganda to break the cycle of poverty and secure long-term sources of income through agri-business training and start-up grants.
- £15,265 could pay for the running costs of three Early Childhood Development centres in Ghana, providing essential support to street children living in the slums of the capital Accra.
- £6,550 could pay for a Communication Camp for children with severe and complex disabilities in Rwanda. During these residential workshops, parents of disabled children are taught basic skills such as feeding or physiotherapy exercises to make children more comfortable, playful activities to stimulate their intellectual development, as well as learning simple techniques to communicate with their child. Children with disabilities also receive assistive devices to increase their mobility.
- £2,114 could pay the salary of 10 Learning Support Assistants who provide essential one-to-one support to children with disabilities in DR Congo.
How we spend your donations
At Chance for Childhood we pride ourselves on working hard to spend the maximum amount of your donation on our projects, helping children and young people who need it most.
To find out more about the impact of our projects, read our annual report.
How to get in touch with us
If you’d like to find out more about making a donation over £5,000 as an individual, company, trust or foundation then we’d love to speak to you.
“Thank you for considering making such an extraordinary gift to Chance for Childhood. Your generous support will help ensure that no child is forgotten in Africa. Our small team is dedicated to bringing you closer to the work you are supporting, so you truly know the difference you are making around the world. We very much look forward to the opportunity of working together.”
- By phone: +44(0)1483 230 250
- Send an email:
- Alternatively you can securely donate online.