Reporting to: Director of Fundraising and Marketing
Based at: Chance for Childhood’s office (Farnborough, Hampshire). Our open-plan office is within easy reach of Farnborough’s main station (with direct trains to London Waterloo) and the M3 (free car park is available).
Hours: To be agreed with the volunteer, in accordance with their availability. It is hoped that the volunteer may be available at least one full day a week, on an ongoing basis. But please do contact us as we are always happy to discuss other possibilities.
This is a voluntary position but reasonable travel costs are reimbursed on presentation of receipts.
About Chance for Childhood
We believe that a childhood shouldn’t be spent on the streets, or in a war zone, or working in a field. It shouldn’t be spent imprisoned at home by disability and the stigma that surrounds it. It should be spent in school, and a nurturing, safe home environment. Yet many children are robbed of their childhood by disability, conflict or extreme poverty. We help local communities to protect their children and give them the chance of a proper childhood.
As the Fundraising Administration volunteer, you will be part of a small and dynamic team with big plans. You will be providing administrative support to our Fundraising team, and help us ensure that our fundraising records are kept securely and efficiently. By volunteering with us, you will also help provide excellent donor care to our supporters. You will gain first-hand experience of working for a charity and a chance to enhance your CV.
Key tasks you may be able to support:
- Data entry onto various spreadsheets.
- Scan and save donation forms following specific guidelines.
- Monitor the quality of previously scanned documents.
- Package welcome packs and thank you letters to donors.
- Frank mail ready for posting.
- Recycle returned mailings & shred documents.
- Assist the team during large-scale mail outs.
- Provide general assistance to the team at a time of heightened activities
Experience & skills we are hoping for:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently.
- A positive attitude to working as part of a small team.
- An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required, as part of Chance for Childhood’s commitment to child protection, as outlined in our Child Protection Policy, which all staff & volunteers are required to sign and adhere to.
To apply: Email your completed application form, along with your CV and the name of two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteer_application form_Chance for Childhood