Job Title: Inclusion Trainer
Reporting to: Senior Programme Manager/Disability and Inclusion Advisor
Based at: Musanze District
About Chance for Childhood
Chance for Childhood is an award-winning charity working in Africa to support the most vulnerable children, such as street children, disabled children, children affected by conflict and children behind bars. Our vision is of a world where no child is forgotten!
We work with and strengthen the capacity of African visionary community leaders to implement effective, locally relevant projects. This enables us to focus on ‘hard to reach’ children, both in terms of their complex needs (e.g. street children with learning difficulties) and location (e.g. urban violent slums or remote rural areas).
Together we make ideas and impact both sustainable and scalable to protect,
educate and empower even more of the world’s most disadvantaged children.
In 2017 Chance for Childhood successfully registered as an INGO in Kigali, Rwanda, setting up a regional office to strengthen our programmes management, advocacy activities and regional fundraising.
Purpose of the role
The Inclusion Trainer’s role is to offer support to families and children with disabilities to have access to services-such as education, healthcare, rehabilitation among others -, ensure parents/caregivers are facilitated to access self-help groups and help build the capacity of community-based structures to provide and support children with disabilities and their families.
The Inclusion Trainer’s time will be spent on the Family strengthening and Community based support for care of children with disabilities in families project implemented in partnership with UNICEF Rwanda.
- Training of existing community structures as ToTs like IZUs, CHWs and other community frontline workers/volunteers about how to support CwDs in their communities and improving inclusive community-based support
- Facilitating the referrals and training key service providers (schoolteachers, health officers and local authorities)
- Facilitate parents/caregivers training in communication, feeding, play and all related activities of daily living
- Facilitate the in establishing Parent/Peers Support Groups (PSGs)
- Support community outreach awareness raising and sensitization campaigns
- Attend project review workshops as required by the project partner(s) and/or donor(s)
- Practice forward planning with partner NGOs to ensure delivery of activities are on track
- Maintain close working relations and clear communications with project partner(s) throughout project implementation
- Deliver or support the delivery of other training as CfC Rwanda may be required to in the area of Inclusive Safeguarding
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Actively participate in and contribute to monthly review workshops
- Work as a team with Project Manager to collect project data in time for quarterly reporting
- Collate disaggregated project beneficiary information to support the organisation’s MEL and level of impact
- Work with Project Manager to produce learning materials and disseminate externally where possible and facilitate learning workshops for CfC staff when possible
- Attend learning workshops hosted by other NGOs in the same sector
- Uphold and promote Chance for Childhood’s Global Safeguarding Policy and Procedures across all Programmes
- Work with the Head of Safeguarding, Training and Learning to identify areas of development in Safeguarding in CfC Rwanda.
- Deliver inclusion training to governmental institutions upon request and provided that the per diem and transportation are covered by the institution
- Attend District and National level meetings on inclusion, education and / or social welfare
Networking and Advocacy
- Attend sector networking events and meetings relevant to inclusion, education, gender equality and child protection when necessary
- Actively seek opportunities such as at district and national platforms to share our programme learnings and evidence
- Represent Chance for Childhood at various functions and events when required