Reporting to: Head of Marketing and Communications
Job type: Permanent, full time 35 hours
Location: Home based, with regular travel to our London Office.
Closing date: 14th January 2023
Other benefits: 28 days annual leave pro rata (3 to be taken during the Christmas office closure) with a generous allowance for longer service;
5% employer’s pension contribution
Flexible working as standard
Who are we?
Chance for Childhood believe that no child should have to fight for a safe, happy childhood. We exist to ensure that every child in Africa can thrive from their early years through to adulthood. Together with partners, supporters, children and their communities, we protect, educate and create lasting change for every child threatened by violence, neglect and conflict.
We specialise in ensuring access to inclusive education and safe spaces so that children in Africa can play, grow, learn and thrive. We have staff in the UK, Rwanda, Ghana and Uganda.
This role plays a pivotal part in our new strategy to grow our income and reach 150,000 children by 2025. We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead us through the next period of growth.
In our global team, diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of what we do. We care about building strong, transparent relationships and working together collaboratively. The organisation is fast-paced and the role will suit someone who enjoys variety and likes to get stuck into lots of different projects.
Purpose of the role
- Oversee all our digital channels including our website, social media platforms and Mailchimp.
- Responsible for delivering against our Digital Fundraising Strategy; managing and executing planned digital fundraising campaigns and activities that engage and inspire new and existing audiences.
- Deliver digital fundraising income in line with the budget, raising much needed donations and public awareness of Chance for Childhood’s work through our digital channels.
- Use digital platforms to maximise ROI, taking responsibility for devising, planning and delivering new and engaging ways to acquire supporters and donations.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience creating and executing digital marketing strategies and raising funds through digital campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience of setting and exceeding fundraising targets.
- Experience of social media community management, including analyses and interpretation of digital metrics using Google Analytics.
- Experience of converting leads (such as those from Facebook Ads) through digital activity.
- Understanding of websites (WordPress in particular would be advantageous), SEO, PPC and Lead Generation Adverts and managing Google Adwords Grant.
- Ability to write engaging content for different audiences and channels including website, social, email and offline.
- Experience of designing and implementing digital supporter journeys to inspire and engage supporters.
- Demonstrable experience of email marketing and running email appeals.
- Strong writing and editing skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on own tasks, prioritising a busy workload with a flexible approach.
- Excellent coordination skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- A strong sense of what makes a compelling and powerful story and/or photograph.
- To be computer literate with experience of managing and/or maintaining databases and confidence in using all MS Office programmes.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal).