Join the movement
We pledge to reframe our thinking on the use of stories and images of children
organisation sign up
- I will prioritise the rights and well-being of the children sharing their stories with me.
- I acknowledge that informed consent is complex, can change over time and may not always be possible.
- I will share stories of children using positive strength-based language.
- I will actively ensure that no child is put at risk by the way I share their story online
- Above all, I will continuously reflect on the power and responsibility I hold in collecting and using stories and images of children.
You can take this pledge even if you don’t work directly with children and young people. We encourage you to work with your colleagues to create your own specific framework of good practice that is relevant to the work you do and the power and influence you hold, whilst upholding the principles of our campaign.